Host a Bike Repair Pop-Up Shop ➥
4 Steps of Hosting
1. We figure out a date and craft a flyer
2. You post the flyer on neighborhood social media
3. You and your neighbors get tune-ups in your driveway
4. You get a discount for hosting! The more bikes that come - the larger your discount!
Request to Host!
We’ll get back to you shortly
“Great service with a smile, very knowledgeable, and very timely! Also very flexible with schedule. Will definitely use Curbside Bicycles again in the future.“
“Ian did a great job on four bikes at my house. The tune-ups were thorough and he fixed an issue I was having with shifting. It was great that he came right to me, instead of carting bikes to a shop.”
“I highly recommend hosting a popup. Ian was professional and fun to work with. It was a win for everyone involved with same-day, affordable and high quality tuneups available for cyclists in our neighborhood.”
Frequently Asked Questions
How long will the pop-up shop be?
We generally start the pop-up shop at 9am (though this is of course flexible), and go until we run out of bikes! On a slower day, this would be around lunch, with a busy day taking us until 5pm. Typically we depart midafternoon.
Do I have to be home the whole time?
Absolutely not! Feel free to run any errands you’d like, we wouldn’t want to stop you! We appreciate meeting you at some point, but we are able to set-up and pack-up our pop-up in your yard without you being home!
What are my responsibilities as a host?
We are very self sufficient, and will bring our own food, water, chair and work with us to your house! We like to be as minimally invasive as possible, however there are a few things we ask of our hosts:
- Willingness to post a digital flyer on neighborhood social media – Neighborhood Facebook group, Nextdoor, email listserv, etc.
- Access to a section of relatively flat yard or driveway
- Access to a restroom sometime midday
- In the case of inclement weather, access to covered garage space. We only take up the space of one car!
What are the benefits of being a host?
Besides offering an awesome and convenient service to your fellow neighbors? You get the convenience of having your bikes tuned up at your house, you get to speak and convey any concerns directly to the mechanic, we come on a day that works for you, and we will also give you a discount on your service!