Revolutionize the ease in which people receive bike repair by becoming a Curbside Bicycles Mechanic. You will be responsible for repairing bicycles at pop-up bike repair shops in Dane County (mainly Madison). We’re ideally looking for some with past bicycle repair experience, but are willing to do some on-the-job training.
- Seasonal part-time work (10 – 20 hours/week) from April – September 2022
- Must be willing to work at least one weekend day, hours are flexible and variable
- Pay starts at $20/hour for an experienced mechanic. $15/hour if less experienced. After bonuses, our past mechanics have consistently made $25 – $30/hour
- After training, you will be responsible for traveling around Dane County and setting up a pop-up bike repair shop for a day starting at 9:00am. These locations will be scheduled for you, and may be in people’s driveways, at farmer’s markets, breweries, etc.
- After initial training, you’ll be working by yourself for set-up/take-down, as well as performing bike tune-ups at the mobile shop
- Handle RSVPs from interested customers via email and phone leading up to the pop-ups you’re working
- Follow-up (review request) with customers after the pop-up
- Be attentive, outgoing, and friendly with intaking all customer’s bikes at 9am, tuning them up, communicating with the bike owners and returning the bikes/collecting payment
- Friendly/empathetic communication to attract day-of walk-by traffic
- Must have a car (different pop-up locations every time) that can carry equipment/spare parts (large sedan or bigger)
- Able to be outside for up to 8 hours, standing most of the time (though usually pop-ups only last 4 – 6 hours)
- Willing to be a “salesman” during a pop-up, offering services to walk-by traffic
- Must be willing to work most weekends and some weekdays