Mobile Bike Mechanic
BEST BIKE MECHANIC GIG EVER
Crank on bikes without being stuck in a dark shop. Change the way people receive bike repair. Have every customer tell you, “This is awesome.” Earn the best wage in the industry with flexible hours.
Join our team.
Revolutionize the ease in which people receive bike repair by becoming a Curbside Bicycles Mechanic. You will be responsible for repairing bicycles at pop-up bike repair shops. We’re ideally looking for some with past bicycle repair experience, but are willing to do some on-the-job training.
- Seasonal part-time work (10 – 20 hours/week) from April – September 2022
- Must be willing to work at least one weekend day, hours are flexible and variable
- Pay starts at $20/hour for an experienced mechanic. $15/hour if less experienced. After bonuses, our past mechanics have consistently made $25 – $30/hour
- After training, you will be responsible for traveling around Dane County (if hired in Wisconsin) or Chicago (if hired in Illinois) and setting up a pop-up bike repair shop for a day starting at 9:00am. These locations will be scheduled for you, and may be in people’s driveways, at farmer’s markets, breweries, etc.
- After initial training, you’ll be working by yourself for set-up/take-down, as well as performing bike tune-ups at the mobile shop
- Handle RSVPs from interested customers via email and phone leading up to the pop-ups you’re working
- Follow-up (review request) with customers after the pop-up
- Be attentive, outgoing, and friendly with intaking all customer’s bikes at 9am, tuning them up, communicating with the bike owners and returning the bikes/collecting payment
- Friendly/empathetic communication to attract day-of walk-by traffic
- Must have a car (different pop-up locations every time) that can carry equipment/spare parts (large sedan or bigger)
- Able to be outside for up to 8 hours, standing most of the time (though usually pop-ups only last 4 – 6 hours)
- Willing to be a “salesman” during a pop-up, offering services to walk-by traffic
- Must be willing to work most weekends and some weekdays
Seasonal Work: April – Sept
10 – 20 hours/week
Must be able to work weekends
Varying Locations in Madison/Chicago and surrounding areas (depending on where you get hired)
$15/Hr Starting Wage
$20/Hr Starting w/ Experience
(Up to $30/Hr w/ Bonuses)
How to Apply
Want to apply? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your introduction and resume attached. Or use our handy form below.